Dedicated, virtual and co-located servers in a secure data centre
If you want the fastest, most secure website, take advantage of a dedicated managed server in the Cambridge hosting centre.
Unlike shared hosting services, only your site will be running on your dedicated server. This is more secure (as other hostees cannot attempt to access any of your data) and quick (the server will be doing nothing besides serving your website as fast as possible).
A dedicated server offers all the features of our Advanced hosting package. The server will be fully managed by us, so you do not need any special knowledge.
The hosting centre is fully air-conditioned, generator-backed and has high security keycard-only entry.
Co-location, virtualisation and management
Our packages include (in roughly descending order of cost):
- Fully managed dedicated server to your specification (HDD, RAM, CPUs) - can be owned by you outright or rented
- Fully managed dedicated server of standard specification (owned by us)
- Unmanaged dedicated server of standard specification (owned by us) - you get root access
- Co-located server - your own server supplied, pre-installed and managed by you (cost depends on power requirements, physical size and bandwidth)
- Fully managed Xen virtual server dedicated to your hosting
- Unmanaged Xen virtual server - you get root access
We support NetBSD (i386 and amd64), Windows and Linux hosting. All managed servers run NetBSD/amd64 (64-bit). For resilience and backup purposes, we prefer to run dedicated servers in Xen (but with only your virtual machine running on the hardware).
Pricing will depend on average bandwidth and required server specification. Prices start at £25 per month for a fully-managed virtual server with 25GB transfer per month, 1 IP address, 1024MB RAM, 10GB of disk space and ssh shell access (with a setup fee of £150).
Unless otherwise stated, contracts are for 12 months payable in advance.
Please contact us for more information.
- Dual, diversely fed cabinets
- 1500kVA directly from the National Grid
- Twin 250kVA UPS supplying diverse power
- UPS life is 10 minutes at full capacity
- Generators and UPS provide no-break supply to all technical areas
- 930 kVA diesel generator with full load supply within 30 seconds
- Fuel tanks totalling 2000 litres capacity to provide 12 hours of continuous supply without refuelling. Tanks will be refilled after 4 hours operation
- N+1 redundant DX cooling system providing full environmental control throughout
- Constant temperature of 22° Celcius +/- 10% is maintained
- Constant relative humidity of 50% non-condensing air +/- 5% is maintained
- VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection)
- Argonite gas automatic fire suppression
- Redundant links to core network backbone and London Hosting Centre (which is directly connected to LINX)
- 100Mbit burstable connnection to servers
- Patrolling security guards
- CCTV cameras throughout the site
- Zoned access control via access-card readers
- Intrusion detection
- Access restricted to named individual with mandatory photo ID