Dedicated, virtual and co-located servers in a secure data centre
If you want the fastest, most secure website, take advantage of a dedicated managed server in the Cambridge hosting centre. Unlike shared hosting services, only your site will be running on your dedicated server. This is more secure (as other hostees cannot attempt to access any of your data) and quick (the server will be doing nothing besides serving your website as fast as possible).
A dedicated server offers all the features of our Dedicated hosting package. The server will be fully managed by us, so you do not need any special knowledge.
The hosting centre is fully air-conditioned, generator-backed and has high security keycard-only entry.
Co-location, virtualisation and managementOur packages include (in roughly descending order of cost):
- Fully managed dedicated server to your specification (HDD, RAM, CPUs) - can be owned by you outright or rented
- Fully managed dedicated server of standard specification (owned by us)
- Unmanaged dedicated server of standard specification (owned by us) - you get root access
- Co-located server - your own server supplied, pre-installed and managed by you (cost depends on power requirements, physical size and bandwidth)
- Fully managed Xen virtual server dedicated to your hosting, includes fully-maintained Apache/MySQL/PHP stack
- Unmanaged Xen virtual server - you get root access
We support NetBSD (i386 and amd64), Windows and Linux hosting. All managed servers run NetBSD/amd64 (64-bit). For resilience and backup purposes, we prefer to run dedicated servers in Xen (but with only your virtual machine running on the hardware).
Pricing will depend on average bandwidth and required server specification. Prices start at £25 per month for a fully-managed virtual server with 1TB transfer per month, 1 IP address, 2GB RAM, 20GB of disk space, 1 CPU and ssh shell access (with a setup fee of £150). Unless otherwise stated, contracts are for 12 months payable in advance. Please contact us for more information.